Our client operates a renowned Resort in North Queensland as a hospitality destination with a fully Integrated Resort, is seeking high calibre applications for a dynamic Executive Chef to lead their culinary team.
Reporting to the Director of Hospitality, you are a highly motivated individual with a diverse range of food experience from high end to high volume, and a modern approach to recruitment and managing teams. Your finesse and creativity will lead the team to outperform and outclass the Darwin market by continuously striving to set standards and push culinary boundaries, producing memorable food for a loyal local market with a sophisticated palette, and a diverse range of visitors from interstate and overseas.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A charming disposition collaborates with all stakeholders – including F&B Front of House, Marketing, Rooms – to achieve great success together.
- A high EQ with impressive interpersonal skills that remain indestructible under pressure.
- Passion for modern menu design that blends with a respect for traditional cuisine.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing multiple busy outlets, including a significant banquet operation.
- Superior business acumen, including the proven ability to manage and control costs, drive continuous improvement, budget, and Capex planning.
- Staff management, including training and development of modern culinary trends, and the ability to mentor and empower chefs to perform to their best.
- Sound knowledge of HACCP and food safety.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role and size of operation. High volumen traffic experience highly regarded but not essential.
- Previous experience operating within a HACCP accredited environment.
- Familiarity with a wide range of cooking styles and ethnic cuisines.
- Strong computer skills, procurement, costings, scheduling, and Microsoft platforms.
Our clients offer industry leading work conditions and excellent staff benefits, including complimentary car parking and meals, fully laundered uniforms, and employee discounts. A generous relocation package is on offer for the successful candidate.
*Applicants must have working rights in Australia*